Blogs (or weblogs) can be created to share your voice in a variety of ways – they can be one way or multi-way as in a conversation. For students, blogs are a great vehicle to allow authentic exploration in digital citizenship.
This page provides instructions on how to setup and extend your blog in multiple ways.
- SD41 Blog Handbook (Your starting point – updated)
- If you would like a class set of ids, click here for the template. [Email me the completed template.]
- Guidelines for Using Social Media (a good reminder)
- CUSTOM MENU (Create your own page menus, custom widgets (special categories, links, posts)
- EDIT IMAGES (Using picmonkey.com; add to headers, posts/pages)
- Other Editers Options (using IrfanView)
- WordPress Image Gallery: Display your images as a grid
Take it to the Next Level
- News Announcement Scroll: How to create scrolling news for those important messages
- EMBED CONTENT (Embed videos from Youtube, Edu-Symbaloo, Google Calendar, Padlet walls)
- MailPoet (add subscriptions)
- FEEDS [Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari]