2011 is here! What better way to start the new year than to check out professional learning possibilities in our Staff Development Calendar . Plans are also underway for our February District Day. What are your plans for the day?
- January 12 (Wed) – 4 part series: Words Their Way. This series is full.
- January 13 and January 25 (3:30-5:00): New Blog Series Part 2 and Part 3. Continuation of the series. (If you didn’t register for part 1 and have a blog already, check out the details. It may be what you’re looking to take your blog to the next level.)
- January 20 (Thurs – 3:30-5:00): Kurzweil 3000 Part 3-Writing. This is part 3 of the series and will focus on using the software to support writing. (*Please note that secondary provincial exams allow the use of Kurzweil as an adaptation/accommodation.)
- January 27 (Thurs – 3:30-5:00): Literature Circle Learning Series. This 4-part series engages participants in the use of literature circles as a way to develop critical thinking and reflection. (*Please check to make sure you can attend all sessions.)
- Reading/Writing with Kurzweil Series – Alternate Educators Group
- Stop Motion Animation – 3 part series
- Digital Writing/Digital Teaching – 4 part series
- District Day